The Witch's Feast: A Kitchen Grimoire
The feast is a meeting place between family and friends, between humans and gods.
A decadent collection of magical dishes and feasts created by the herbalist, witch, chef and co-owner of Catland Books, Melissa Madara.
This decadent collection of enchanting dishes is an indispensable companion to kitchen witchcraft, revealing the storied history and seductive art of magical cooking. With witch, herbalist and chef Melissa Jayne Madara as your guide, explore five facets of the occult through food: traditional recipes, the wheel of the zodiac, devotional meals to the planets, seasonal feasts to celebrate solstices and equinoxes, and practical spellwork.
- Recreate a pagan feast of lamb roasted with milk and honey, with cheesecake baked in fig leaves for dessert.
- Celebrate a Gemini birthday with herbed fondue, followed by lemongrass pavlova.
- Align with the poetic pleasures of Venus with edible flower dumplings, or commune with Saturn over blackberry pulled pork sandwiches.
- Enjoy the vibrancy of the spring equinox with herb and allium quiche with a potato crust, radish salad with cherry blossom vinaigrette and jasmine tea shortbread.
- Share an evening of storytelling over mugwort and catnip divination tea, or embody an otherworldly spirit with ritual bread masks.